Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Chosen 2012


My first games using 6th Ed rules in a tournament setting, phew!

We got to Battlefront Miniatures just past 9 am and Khairul started by briefing all the participants.

My first game was against Nahri's 'Grey' Blood Angels.

He proceeded to castle in one corner and awaited the arrival of my Daemons. I made some very ballsy deepstrikes and succeeded and taking out his Termies and some vehicles with my Flamers and Screamers but ultimately I was outgunned and he took the first game.

The second game vs Soo Kai was quite interesting also, highlight of the game for me was deepstriking my squad of Flamers onto a tower where his Devastators were and proceeding to roast them all, after that my squad jumped down and barbecued the techpriest and his thunderfire and completed a hattrick by blowing up his Whirlwind launcher, 3 for 3 heavy support choices fried by one squad.

Despite my unnerringly accurate deep strikes, I made a critical error by not wiping out his tactical squad and conceding the 1 KP to lose the game.

Finally my last game was against Faizal Sani and his 'pre-heresy' style Space Wolves. The Vlka Fenryka gunline proved to be nearly impossible to penetrate and by turn 4 I was left with my 2 Heralds and LoC on the table and willingly conceded. However this game proved to be one of the most fun that I played and Faizal was a great sport.

The Winners: Faizal Sani (Best Painted Army), Khairul (Organiser), Joe Soon (The Chosen One), Alvin Khaw (Organiser) and Hassanal (Best Sportmanship)

Incidentally I found out that I tied with Hassanal for Best Sportsmanship (Both of us earning the max score of 9). Now I just have to learn to play better LOL!

The Participants of Chosen 2012


Final tally, I'm suppose to be playing Daemons, Khairul!

No comments:

Post a Comment